Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tearsheet: Le Monde, Weekend Edition

 
I was very fortunate the other day to receive a call from a fellow photographer and friend Ben Roberts. He'd been asked to shoot a portrait for Le Monde and wasn't available to do it and so he'd put me forward for it. The subject was the academic, critic, essayist and all-round intellectual power-house George Steiner. I took a trip up to Cambridge to photograph him at his home. It was full of interesting anecdotes and stories but the best part was that he insisted I stay for coffee and we proceeded to debate all manner of things. It's moments like that which make me realise how much I love my job. 

1 comment:

Lucy Browning said...

I love your job too Greg! A library full of books like that makes me feel good and homely... Good job on the front cover!

Lucy
x