Monday, February 02, 2009

Recent forays into film


It feels like a very very long time since I've shot film. Of course it used to be all I shot when I was first learning, yet I was limited to shooting 35mm because that's all my old school darkroom could really cope with. Having not been fortunate enough to study photography at any level, let alone at college or university, I found it hard to come by facilities for processing film...or at least digital started to become too convenient for me to try. Anyway recently I was lucky enough to have the chance to put a roll of 120 through a friends' Mamiya 7 II and I have to say it was pretty refreshing to be able to take photography back to basics. There's something so pure and unique about a film image, or at least it seem the case. Even more so with a polaroid. Alas I'm not here to bemoan the demise of film and the rise of digital along with the decline of the still image as it was once known, but instead I thought I'd give you a little glimpse at what I shot. Nothing spectacular, just stuff personal to me, but that in itself is pretty refreshing as far as I'm concerned.


And from my little old Spirit 600 Land camera, guaranteed to always come out with something completely random...

1 comment:

Tim Ireland said...

Nice mate, where's the one of me?