Thursday, December 11, 2008

City living...

I've had an idea in my mind for awhile for a shot I've been trying to create, something a bit different from my normal work, something a bit 'artyer' perhaps. The purpose was illustrate my personal mixed up feelings I have of living in a city - a lifestyle that I've never truely been comfortable with. I find cities pretty intense places; so many people stepping on each others toes, so much pent up frustration and aggression, brutal landscapes and harsh realities. A real stamp of human influence and enedvour branded on the face of nature. Quite a lot to try and some up in a picture really!

Anyway I recently got the opportunity to set up a temporary studio, so I took the chance to shoot something for it. I had to move fast because I didn't have the space for long, so I'm not 100% happy with the outcome - I would have preferred a different 'scene' perhaps and spent a bit more time to plan it, and make the mood a bit darker. Nevertheless I shot it and thought I'd share with you the first concept (and at the same time my first proper attempt at a comp, albiet a fairly easy one!). Thanks go to Erika for her patience, enthusiasm and willingness to jump up and down lots of times. Click to see the pic bigger.

No comments: