Thursday, August 28, 2008

General News...


Well I've been pretty slow with keeping this up to date recently - since coming back from Italy I've been running around a bit over the UK, spent a few days on the south coast on jobs and then catching up with family and friends, also managed to get over to V-fest in Chelmsford (see pics above and below)

I have a bag mod that I recently did for my formally useless Bowens lighting bag, but more on that at a later date. I've also finally been getting together a proper printed portfolio. I never realised just how expensive it was going to be, even just the book is expensive, but then getting the prints done put it over the edge. Lets hope its gets me some decent work and pays itself off! Anyway I recommend the London Graphic Centre for the book and inserts, I used Atlantis in East London but the found the LGC to be cheaper (damn). I got the prints done at The Print Space, over Shoreditch way, pretty good in that you have a lot of control and they do it whilst you wait but have to say that I was a tad disappointed that they didn't give me any discount on a bulk order. Anyway I've also started a scrapbook due to inspiration from Frank Ockenfels III 's website which I freakin love! Another photogrpaher recently brought to my attention is Nadav Kander who's work is well worth checking out.

Off to Perpignan on Monday, really looking forward to seeing what people have been shooting - anybody reading this who's also going (a long shot I know), come say hello.

No comments: